In a paper written for the 2004 Forum for World Evangelization, convened between September 29 and October 5, 2004 in Pattaya, Thailand by the Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization, the Issue Group on Reaching Jewish People with the Gospel provided an excellent 55-page summary of:
- God’s covenant with the Jewish people and His mandate for Jewish evangelism;
- the status of Jewish believers in Jesus in the world;
- how Messianic Jews see themselves and various issues which exist within the Messianic community;
- challenges to the proclamation of the gospel to the Jewish people; and,
- a variety of case studies regarding current practices in the field of Jewish evangelism.
We strongly encourage you to read the paper so that you may join with its authors in their concluding prayer:
- Lord, give your church a new heart for the Jewish people, a heart which is rooted in your love for them, and which blesses this people and prays for its peace and salvation.
- Lord, give your church a new vision, a vision which appreciates today the presence of Jewish believers in your church, and which hopes for the in-gathering of a full number from the Jewish people and the nations.
- Lord, give your church a renewed call to share the good news in word and deed with Jewish people everywhere and to live out your great commission from Jerusalem and to the ends of the world.