Rahil Patel spent six years in India — away from his home and family in London — undergoing intensive training to become a Hindu priest. Outwardly, he was a model student and priest. But inwardly, his heart was unsettled and restless.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain, is a sovereign country located off the north-western coast of the European mainland. The United Kingdom includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands. The United Kingdom's 242,500 square kilometres (93,600 sq mi) were home to an estimated 66.0 million inhabitants in 2017.
An introductory prayer guide for the United Kingdom can be found at the Operation World website. For a much more extensive guide to praying for the United Kingdom, consider purchasing the Operation World book (see our affiliate disclosure).
Additional items for prayer can be found in this Prayercast for the United Kingdom.
Beauty Ndoro and her husband of Zimbabwe were recruited by Servant Partners to serve in Mexico (they have served in both Mexico and Nicaragua).
Nairobi Chapel, a non-denominational church in Kenya, has sent church planters to Chicago, London, Sydney, and Christchurch. San Francisco is their next target city.
In an article published in The Guardian in August of 2015 entitled Jesus saved my mother, Nirpal Dhaliwal tells the fascinating story of how his mother — born into the monotheistic Sikh religion in the Punjab and yet combining her Sikh heritage with many of the religious practices of the polytheistic Hindu culture around her — converted to Christ and of his observations of the changes it has brought about in her life.
- one in five senior adults will have a conversation with three people or less over a week;
- 225,000 seniors will go through an average week without talking to anyone in person;
- 38% of the elderly admit they feel lonely;
- 12% of senior adults do not leave their home because of loneliness;
- 40% of seniors say they would be more confident if they knew their neighbors; and,
- 54% of older adults say their day would improve overall if they could just have a simple, short conversation with someone.